Welcome To Coram Deo.
To be honest I wasn’t sure what to write about on my first post. I want to help you live Coram Deo, or before God. All of life is a life of faith and ministry because all of life is lived under the gaze of God.
We often separate our faith or compartmentalize it. We have church and our faith, and we have work, yoga classes, family, and home. They are each separate. Yet, I think God has something else in mind for His people.
God meant for us to love and serve Him in all areas of our life. All of our life is a form of worship and service to God because we live under the gaze of God.
- Psalm 139:2-4: “You know when I sit down and when I rise up; you discern my thoughts from afar. You search out my path and my lying down and are acquainted with all my ways. Even before a word is on my tongue, behold, O Lord, you know it altogether.”
- Ezekiel 11:5: “And the Spirit of the Lord fell upon me, and he said to me, “Say, Thus says the Lord, So you think, O house of Israel. For I know the things that come into your mind.”
- Job 23:10: “But he knows the way that I take; when he has tried me, I shall come out as gold.”
- Psalms 103:14: “For he knows our frame, he remembers that we are dust.”
- John 21:17: “Lord, you know everything; you know that I love you.”
- Psalms 147:5 “Great is our Lord, and abundant in power, his understanding is beyond measure.”
- Genesis 16:13 “You are a God of seeing.”
“all is open before the gaze of God.” Pink
“The eyes of the Lord are in every place, keeping watch on the evil and the good.” Proverbs 15:3
God sees all. Our entire lives are under his gaze. We live, whether we acknowledge it or not, before the face of God. That means all of life is as unto Him. It means my home, my work, and all that I do is before God.
Life takes on new meaning when we see it as before the gaze of God. This goes way beyond church on Sunday. All of life is a ministry and service to our neighbor and to God.
I served God in full time ministry for seven years. Everyday I went to work and was able to help our community. When I left I felt useless and hopeless. I had the idea that I wouldn’t get to serve God anymore, or at least not in as big of a way.
Yet that’s not true! God made it clear that I was to leave the para-church organization I was the director of and start a new career that would help my husband meet our new goals. So that’s what I did. It was time to minister to my husband, our family, and in my new secular career.
I am still in full time ministry. It’s just in a different way. Perhaps in the future God will ask me to be a part of another nonprofit, or serve the church in a new way, but for now He has called me to serve Him at home, in my marriage, at work, and in my community.
In this blog I hope to equip and encourage you to live before the face of God. Our lives are under His gaze. All that we do is a service to Him and to our neighbor.
If you know others who would be interested in this blog, please let them know about it. If there is a topic you are interested in exploring please contact me. Let’s start a discussion of how God is using you to serve Him in your life.
For His Glory, and because of His Grace,